Nov 28, 2008

Let Us Give Thanks!

Thanksgiving is a time of giving thanks. Not very tricky. So I have a few things of thanks to give thanks to. Let me start. . . with the primary food groups. I am thankful for corn, it's yellowness brings a new and joyous color to my plate. I am thankful for cardboard. It is what they feed the turkey when it is growing up. I am thankful for potatoes, mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, twice baked potatoes, cheezy potatoes, sweet potatoes, baked sweet potatoes, mashed sweet potatoes, twice baked sweet potatoes, twice mashed with marshmallows and cinnimon sugar on top sweet potatoes, and potato salad. I am also thankful for circles. Without them, we would not have pie. What would we ever do. . . if our pie was in the shape of a rhombus?

I am UN-thankful for cranberries, mashed, and then turned into a petroleum product. I am un-thankful for the word thankful, I don't remember if it has one L or two. I am un-thankful for an under-abundance of salt shakers with an over-abundance of salt lovers. I am un-thankful for hyphens, or dashes. They are a pain. I am VERY un-thankful for pilgrims. They are un-truthful, and very un-thankful. They didn't give thanks to the natives of America. They gave them smallpox. Finally, I am un-thankful for modern art, the only sport which elephants seem to be better at than humans.

Amen

2 comments:

  1. the reverend aunt angie here...you guys truly rock. am i the only person over 16 that is reading this?
    ac out

    ReplyDelete
  2. best thing i've read in the past month.
    ithl out

    ReplyDelete