Dec 9, 2008

Lack of Humor. . or "Your SO funny!" (with sarcastic undertones)

In the beginning of the school year, to get to know some of our fellow inmates, we played some weird game where you had to come up with two truths and a lie. Where your convicted buddies try to guess which one is a lie. Easy. So as soon as I hear the teacher say we're playing that game, I start furiously racking my brain for anything that might make my incarcerated fellows think "that kid is funny" or "I think I'll give him 7.50." I've come to recognise something. Other people are thinking the same thing. They are just the equivalent of a comedic trainwreck, which I dont think would be that funny.

First of all, In this two truths and a lie game. Theres always the kid who tries to throw you off by a miniscule measurement. So that the right answer is impossible to find, but you still feel like an idiot when you get it wrong.

"I was born in Chuckanut, Montana. I weigh 138.8lbs. Or I was charged by a bull moose while breaking the Guiness World Record for most times slapping ones self in the face."

After that, the kid thinks he owned you, because it was actually an Alaskan Grey Elk that charged him while he was actually doing as many consecutive bellyflops into his hottub as he could. 3. Not even a county record. Let alone a worldly one. So this kid thinks he absolutely hilarious and everyone else wants to either groan or kick themselves.

So all that to explain my pet peeve of people who think they're funny.

Even better is the kid who starts rattling off these inside jokes that he and his only friend made when they were playing HALO at 4 in the morning. "No really man, I was at like, a jillion kills and it was SO funny you shoulda been there!"

Yea. I totally missed out.

I really hope I didn't offend anybody with this, but I think I'm safe, seems nobody ever admits that they are humorically hopeless.

Attempting to wrap up this post
connor

3 comments:

  1. wow, how do u think of such stuff, u guys r so funny, by the way i am a turkish farmer selling corn. i don't think i'm funny so don't laugh. i still don't think i'm funny so u probably shouldn't laugh at this post and if u thought i was trying 2 make u laugh u thought wrong. HA HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If ever I have been so confused, It was when I read your comment Mr. Turkeycorn. I dont know whether to apologize or to be rather suspicious about your farmer-style origins.

    I'm watching you. . .

    closely

    ReplyDelete
  3. you should b. you should be very very scared, (i mean who wouldn't if some random turkish farmer selling corn started commenting on their blog that nobody reads)

    ReplyDelete